Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gratitude

Celebrated my twentieth birthday with many of my loved ones,

received a surprise cake from my pau after my lecture :) and my first birthday cake was my favourite strawberry cake :) Amazing how some people just click so well with you, time is not the only measurement of good friendships! Thankful how our friendship continued after our unearthly 8am tutorial classes in yr1s1 - time flies and the friendship grew. Also received two letters from this girl, I really love letters/cards :)

Friday after the nussu appreciation dinner, Bizcom celebrated October babies' birthdays with lovely Obolo macaroons. Really appreciate how this group of people changed my uni life and made it a whole lot more exciting than it would be. Friendships forged here are also so precious :) Especially thankful to a special friend of mine, whom, despite the emotional turbulence still loves me so much. I am fortunate, and I will build our friendship up with time.

On the night of my birthday eve, I celebrated my birthday at nainai's house with many important people in my life. What was initially planned as a surprise failed, but the appreciation and love I have for my family is beyond words :') Received many blessings and joy in the celebration of my 20th, and it's then I truly felt old. Looking at the old pictures scattered around the house, I figured that turning 20 is a milestone of one's life - turning from teen to a young adult, girl to a lady. hoho, okay just feeling old and wiser now.

The night's surprise didn't end. I'm glad that I spent the moment when the clock strikes 12 into 7th October with R, a special boy in my life who have came all the way to my house to send me birthday well wishes and lots of love. The process of loving someone hasn't been the easiest, but I'm thankful to say that now, at least we are working at it together. :)

On the actual day of my birthday: had an awesome hi-tea lunch with jia ling, one of my closest friends since secondary school days. Zj also dropped by for a while to blow me some birthday kisses :) Visited Arteasetiq @ Mandarin Gallery, enjoyed two tiers of afternoon snacks and fragrant floral teas with good chats in betweens, life of tai-tais! Window-shopped at retail shops and tried on apparels and shoes, fun day out with this sweet girl ;)

Met up with Charmaine, Eunice, Huiyi in the evening and they proceeded to award me with eyebrow pencils, eyeliners etc perhaps to congratulate my entering of adulthood - ought to be time to smack on some beautifiers on my face :) The girls brought me to dempsey hill, my first time there! Pleasant environment at CM-PB where we dined at. Dinner was so good I was a satisfied girl feeling so loved by my friends who took time to spend my birthday together, thank you so much girls (:

Family love never ends :) went back home and saw presents and card from my family, endless and unconditional love indeed, from the family :)

Had a recent birthday celebration at Itacho with Nicolas, thankful for such a wonderful friendship that provides support when in need even though we don't meet up much :D The meal was so lovely, sushi at Itacho are awesome! Ended the day with an amazingly mind-blowing movie called Looper :) Looking at the sushi photos make me feel so blessed heheh.

Also very appreciative of all the birthday wishes I have received, especially those who sent me via texts and provided a platform for me to catch up with friends that seem to have drifted apart but still remain close at heart :)) I love every single one of you guys, all the wonderful people in my life :') 

No comments: