Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Travelogue Part I: Day 0 - Day 3 (London)

My last paper of yr 2 sem 2 ended on 8th May morning, and on the same day - in the night - I was ready to jet off to London to meet R. Flying Emirates! 

Goodbye Singapore

Eunice came down to join us for dinner and to send me off! :)

And the awesome family :) :)

Let's go! Flew 8 hours to Dubai, where I had a transit for 7 hours long (yes it was crazy) but in any case time flew by quite quickly due to the delay from the first flight, custom check, losing my way and eventually getting to the right gate, sitting down for a mediterranean meal at a cafe: 


Time flew by quite quickly. And then it's another 7.5 hours flight from Dubai to London. Didn't manage to sleep much on the plane and hence I was pretty exhausted by the time I reached. But adrenaline kept me up because I was so excited and nervous to meet the boy whom I haven't seen since 5 months ago. Scanned through the crowd at the arrival hall and didn't notice R until he walked over and gave me a huge warm hug :') followed by a piece of drawing and a rose. Incredibly thankful to be reunited with him again. The strange sense of familiarity yet a little distant :b

Took the tube and arrived at Camden Town - the place where we'll be staying at! It's quite a bad ass street area, evident from those tattoo shops, gothic elements. But I was fascinated by the subculture and pretty much loved the area we stayed at!

First photo with R :) and eye bags accumulated from lack of sleep on the plane :(

Stable Market! 

Rose for the lady! :)

Due to some delays in our check in, it was already around evening by the time we headed out! Went over to Totterham area and shopped at Primark for a bit. The weather was so much colder than what I'd expected! Hovering around 10 degrees C for summertime didn't sound quite normal. And I didn't pack any thick clothings for the trip at all :( Thankfully R has a fluffy jacket/windbreaker that accompanied me throughout this entire trip. To beat the coldness, we settled for dinner at a small Korean restaurant located nearby, recommended by R. It was one of his best recommendations! Fell in love with that restaurant (we visited it 3 times in total, that's a lot by vacation standards).

R with his spicy beef soup (so good!)

Me with spicy tofu soup (super spicy but very shiok for the weather)

Headed back after our dinner,

Guess who came along on this trip! Kaylee! :D this koala soft toy was the first gift R gave to me :) very huggable hehe.



The next day! Watching R style his hair in the morning heheehe and always calling him vainpot because I always get prepared faster than him (I didn't shower in most mornings because it's so damn ~cold~) 


So he brought me up to primrose hill! It was an all gloomy day, sigh London, no wonder I didn't fancy you much at all. 





Headed to the London Bridge area after that. London Bridge looks depressingly boring, :/ 


Tower Bridge, on the other hand, looks much more proper and magnificent! :b 


Random bunch of guys in suit cycling this on the street haha!

Borough Market after that!


Tried this thing called Raclette. Melted cheese is the essence of this dish! Potatoes as base and pickles as sides, pretty yummeh :)

And then I tried the best oysters in my life. SO FRESH. 


Around Camden (non chronological because my photo dates are quite messed up)




St Paul's basilica 



St Pancras Station. Day 3 we bid London goodbye (for awhile) and time to Amsterdam! Was super excited hehehe :D



Met Harrods bear at the airport!


And lunch was grilled salmon with awesome mash potato! Then off we fly to Amsterdam :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Mind sharing the name and add of the Korean restaurant in London? Thanks!