Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Swagger like us

-Continues chanting-

Hello I got so tired of studying today. Got distracted ever since Alvin came home after school. Computer/His giant rubix cube/Food etc. Today's A math day. DEPRESSING. I've like tons of questions I don't know how to do. Especially my pathetic integration and deteriorating differentiations. Some were okay in the end when I cross-referred to the answer and figured my way out.. BUT THIS ONE QUESTION MADE ME FRET OVER FOR HOURS.

I was bloody determined to solve it cos' I have no idea why I can't do it :
sin2x - 8cos^2x = 2cosx

If anyone can solve it..I'll be really thankful to you(!!!!!!) But I doubt it's possible..LOL I've consulted some professional already that's why I made that statement. But nevertheless, if you can solve it please tell me I'll be super grateful X10millions! And so in the end if the conclusion is that the question is printed wrongly, I've just wasted my precious ... 1 hour PLUS racking my brain on this one qn. Grrrr.

I swear I've never worked so hard for these past 16 years in my life okay stupidshit like even asking for help in my blog HAHA ohmygod hallelujah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

regarding yr qn post,
it is actually quite easy.
sin2x - 8cos^2x = 2cosx
2sinx cosx - (8cos^2x + 2cosx) = 0
2cosx(sinx - 4cosx -1) = 0, cosx= 0
sinx - 4cosx = 1, x=90deg, 270deg
using R-formula,
solve sinx - 4cosx = 1.
shouldnt be a problem.
P.S. i know it's kinda late for me to solve this qn for you since the amath papers were alr over. =p